I love improving on designs. I don't like how the frame pops up and doesn't lie completely flat. Tying the bows too tight rips the cardstock. I began to wonder what would happen if I curve stitched the frame, instead. Unfortunately, I had already punched holes but this is a trial run after all.
Then, I made fifteen points in pencil, also spaced 1/8 inch apart, along the top, bottom, left, and right inner edges of the frame. I pricked holes through the flap to the square underneath, which was rather difficult because I had to push the needle through three layers of cardstock. I ended up making the cat's eye pattern I made in my first curve stitching video.
I think the mixing of media turned out well, and I may pick up some pretty scrapbooking pages and glittery thread. Perhaps, curve stitching a heart inside might make a lovely Valentine's Day card.
I'm looking forward to sharing this with the students at school.